What Went Wrong by Shradha Khanna
What Went Wrong
by Shradha Khanna
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
To the people standing on the other side, to them, my life seems perfect.
>> Born with a silver spoon
>> Educated, young and beautiful
>> An aspiring job
>> Rich and devoted boyfriend, head over heels in love with me
But to me, nothing matters. It’s a famous proverb – “Life is always greener on the other side”, and my life is the best example of it.
Born with a silver spoon but have to fight my way to achieve my dreams at every step of my life.
Educated, young and beautiful, that’s definitely a blessing.
An aspiring job – I am allowed to be a part of it only for a few months as everything in my life comes with a deadline, before I even decide to go for it.
Rich and devoted boyfriend, head over heels in love with me – every girl's dream but I need more than that.
What will you do if you have to choose between a beautiful planned out life path or a path you have no idea about.
How will you justify to everyone if you choose something which no one agrees to?
Most importantly how do you decide to choose between two best options in your life?
Meera has everything she wants in her life but not what she desires the most. Will she ever find out what is important, even if she does, will she be able to hold on to the best things in her life or will she lose everything in the process?
My Thoughts
A fresh new voice….Deeply-felt emotions that will keep readers turning the pages. What Went Wrong by Shradha Khanna is a Heartfelt, witty, and thoroughly engaging, Shradha’s novel is both a vivid exploration of modern India and a deeply honest story of love, in all its diversity. It's an unputdownable contemporary romance novel about a girl named Meera. She has everything she wants in her life except what she desires the most. Will she ever find out what is important?
What new is waiting for her?
I read this one because of how much a friend of mine loved it and while I also really enjoyed it, I loved all the characters , Meera was my favourite of them all. I was captivated and really intrigued once I started reading this book and was really eager to find where things would go. I found the character likable and related to them as living breathing people who do interesting and sometimes silly things. The story while emotionally compelling was lighthearted and even at times funny. There’s a lot happening in this book plot wise, but it still manages to feel fully fleshed out and developed. I really appreciated how Shradha wrote this book. The reader may not catch what something is the first time it is mentioned but, by the end of the book, they know what it is. While I read romances, I rarely find one that I feel I can recommend unreservedly. In fact, this is the first one I can think of when that has happened since the retirement of LaVyrle Spencer in the 90s. Shradha is a formidable new voice in romance and I can't wait to read more by her!
Great emotional depth can come from a character loosing something he loves and yes it doesn’t always need to happen but this story while very well written and enjoyable almost seemed superficial, like it had yet to really scratch the surface of what it could have. This resulted in me satisfied but also vaguely left wanting.
Overall a very enjoyable, lighthearted read Deeply romantic and emotional, with characters I fell in love with…simply unputdownable.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment