Chasing Vega (The Jessica Ramirez Thrillers Book 1) by Terry Shepherd

Chasing Vega (The Jessica Ramirez Thrillers Book 1) 

by Terry Shepherd

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
When a meth bust goes bad, Detective Jessica Ramirez and her partner, Officer Alexandra Clark, find themselves in pursuit of a serial killer who dispatches her own form of street justice from the rim of the Grand Canyon. They soon discover that the danger their adversary poses reaches well beyond Arizona and into the very heart of the New York City Financial District. Filled with 21st century crimes and non-stop action, Terry Shepherd’s first detective thriller features a diverse ensemble cast of strong smart women and the men who try to keep up with them. Jess and her partner, Officer Alexandra Clark, grab you from page one, and don’t let you go until the last plot twist is finally revealed.Chasing Vega is a heart pounding roller coaster ride that will make you want to return to Jess and Allie’s world again and again.

My Thoughts
I like mystery, suspense, thrillers, and psychological thrillers in general. This book definitely fits into those categories. 

I was totally surprised by the ending. I didn't see it coming. But all of the puzzle pieces start to fall into place as you look back. I thought the first two chapters were a bit slow, but you really want to hang in there. Then the story starts picking up... and then I could not put down the book. I was reading from about 12:30am to 6:30am. I was going to read just until I fell asleep. But it is morning, my eyes are dry and bloodshot. A huge thumbs up to Terry Shepherd. I thought this was immaculately written and beautifully finished. The ending is spectacular and non predictable. It has been a long time since i enjoyed reading something so much and I will continue to sing its praises until everyone I know reads it. I must say this was an excellent read that kept me on my toes from the first page to the last. I am not much of a sleuth, so as I read the book I kept thinking, “don’t trust him” or “don’t trust her.”. The ending was a surprise to me. The book just had me enthralled from beginning to end and I highly recommend it.

The plot turns come fast and furious... Sharp characters enmeshed in a mystery that, particularly in its final lap, is a gleefully dizzy ride.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else