Star Song by Edward Willett

Star Song 

by Edward Willett

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
From an Aurora Award-winning author comes a thrilling young-adult outer-space adventure.

When the old woman who raised him in a remote village is murdered, Kriss Lemarc finds himself alone on a planet where he’ll always be an outsider.

His only link to his long-dead, unknown parents is the touchlyre they bequeathed him, a strange instrument that not only plays music but pours his innermost feelings into the minds of his listeners.

When Tevera, a girl of the space-going, nomadic Family, hears Kriss perform, she is drawn to him against her better judgment and the rules of her people. With her help, though mistrusted and even hated by some of her comrades, Kriss seeks to discover the origin of the touchlyre, the fate of his parents, and a place where he truly belongs.

But the touchlyre proves to be more than just a musical oddity. Powerful, ruthless people will stop at nothing to get it—and Kriss and Tevera are all that stand in their way.

My Thoughts
This felt like it had a bit of a slow start to me, but I think the issue was probably due to my expectations and not the book itself. It's an amazing story of outer-space adventure. All that time spent on planet does good things for the worldbuilding and character development, so with properly set expectations (or no expectations to begin with) I suspect this won’t be an issue for others. When the story does go into space things really kick into gear. And the last 25% of the book just SINGS. Kriss Lemarc is a somewhat prickly protagonist and I adored him. I thoroughly enjoyed experiencing the story through the pages. I love his interactions with the entire cast of characters. Looking forward to reading the next book by the author.
Extremely engrossing and one of those books you can't put down. 

I loved this book so much, the writing is wonderful. You don’t want to put the book down. This book is well worth reading, you should pick it up now ! Electrifying and unputdownable. There is no other book like this in the universe.

This book is the bomb. I'm so happy I bought and read it. It was not what I expected, but by now I should know better than to think anything that Edward Willett could come up with would be predictable. Can't wait to read the next!

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else