The Children of the Sun and the Moon by Christopher VanBeekum

The Children of the Sun and the Moon 

by Christopher VanBeekum

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
Locked away in a prison cell, Sir Guy has lost everything. Afflicted by his despair, he longs for the end. But when a mysterious maiden appears, her benevolence causes him to desire life again. There must be a way to escape, and the maiden is eager to help. But why? Meanwhile, the Rebel, Robin Hood feels avenged at Sir Guy's demise, for the infamous blackguard had done much evil against him. And yet, as each venture what paths their feet were meant to follow, they come to unearth something strange at work in the shadows. An ancient call. Through visions and mystic encounters, Sir Guy is beckoned over and over to remember what time has allotted him to forget; and the maiden who discovered him doesn't think these mysteries so wholly unfamiliar. For long before any outlaws roamed the forest of Sherwood, these three were destined to find each other.

My Thoughts
Christopher VanBeekum captured both the beauty and bitter futility of being human, and I will be philosophically turning these thoughts over in my head for years to come. Timeless masterpiece that will only become sweeter with each read. The Children of the Sun and the Moon tale is big and yet it felt so real and common even as they burn with a strange fire. Christopher VanBeekum deserves to be mentioned among the greats. I look forward to her next creation with excitement and of course more than a little adoration.
Give yourself the beautiful opportunity to see The Children of the Sun and the Moon as she has never been seen. Read this book right away!!

I took a few days to read this book but that was not because it was a slow read. Just the opposite; I was so happy while reading it that I would stop myself after each chapter just to pace myself so it wouldn’t end too soon. Whether you're peeling sprouts, washing the poodle or taking same for walk, Christopher VanBeekum's gripping tale will summon you back for a feisty grapple with the Robin Hood. It's a great read, so leave the sprouts alone for a while and open the doors into this mythical emporium of herbs and heroines. The poodle can wait too. Christopher VanBeekum has now been added to my auto-buy author list as her books are amazing. This was a masterpiece and when I think about it the one word that comes to mind is beautiful. Utterly and stunningly beautiful and one of my favourite reads of the year. 

If it’s anything like The Children of the Sun and the Moon , I’m sure to find the journey immersive, entertaining, exciting, everything! Just incase I haven’t been clear, I loved The Children of the Sun and the Moon . She will be one of my top ten books this year. Grade: A

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else