Chasing the Captain by Terry Shepherd
Chasing the Captain
by Terry Shepherd
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5
Synopsis
In Jessica Ramirez's second outing, she's once again a fish out of water, chasing the bad guy who got away. When forced to witness a questionable execution, Jess follows a tiny thread across the Atlantic, linking up with DI Liyanna Evans, a cop with London's Metropolitan Police. The two quickly discover that their antagonist's reach is both worldwide and deadly.
Another delectable tale that blends technothriller with suspense and police procedural adventure, Chasing the Captain picks up where Chasing Vega left off, giving Jess the chance to find the answers she seeks, even if it endangers her life and career in the process.
Many of your favorites from Chasing Vega are back, including the indomitable Alexandra Clark, technology guru Andy Milluzzi and Jessica's FBI boyfriend Michael Wright. Add Terry Shepherd's diverse ensemble cast and enough twists and turns to make your head spin and you have another wholly satisfying, screen-worthy popcorn thriller that best selling author Tori Eldridge calls, "a fast-paced international adventure."
My Thoughts
I have enjoyed every book I've ever read by Terry Shepherd, but I am especially enjoying the Jessica Remirez Thriller. I love that although Terry Shepherd can send you to a horrifying, thrilling world, with the worst kind of character's. He always leaves the reader feeling uplifted, that in nearly all his books, goodness, kindness and bravery will always defeat any evil in the end.. I was not let down one bit. Terry Shepherd has a way with creating characters you want to know or love to hate. And he does it again here.
I don't do spoilers, so let's just say the good guys are great and the bad guys are the perfect storm of scum.
These are fast paced and yet still full of Terry Shepherd's lyrical insight into the good and evil that is mankind.
I could go on and on but the next book is calling to me.
Chasing the Captain is such a well written character who remains true to himself. This book has as much if not more pull than expected when drawing me into the story. At last I must say, It doesn't matter what the book is about if it's Terry Shepherd who wrote it. Every single book he's wrote is a must read. Every single word he writes is elegantly and poetically pleasing to the ear. Every story he imagines will ignite you with a passion for reading not just his books but for other's too. No one writes like Terry Shepherd and that is why you must read him.
Excellent plotting, premise, tension and all the great stuff that puts Terry Shepherd at the top of charts and best of all, he keeps it all basically clean. This is great, intelligent fictional Thriller.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment