The Adventures of Bubblegum Bobby: The Journey Begins by Camille Akpulonu

The Adventures of Bubblegum Bobby: The Journey Begins 

by Camille Akpulonu

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
The Journey Begins is the first book in the series entitled, The Adventures of Bubblegum Bobby. Bubblegum Bobby's main goal is to blow the world's largest bubble to impress his older brother and get into the Guinness Book of World Records like his father, the strongest man in the world. Bobby is a daydreaming, honest, quirky kid who wants to do right, but always imagines doing so much wrong. While blowing one of his largest bubbles, he and his curious dog get stuck inside, and that is when the adventure begins.

My Thoughts
Even though I loved the artwork I previewed, I was a bit hesitant to buy this book but this book comes to be an amazing choice for me. This book would focus on "the amazing things we can do and we can achieve anything that we want to be ," as in particular activities, or things that required a lot of ability. Much to my delight, this book instead focuses less on specific activities and more on quirky kid who wants to do right, but always imagines doing so much wrong. This book emphasizes on adventures, not necessarily being "able." I really appreciate that. Before even beginning the story, I fell in love with the whimsical illustrations. The pictures are so unique, soft, precious and warm. I found myself so captivated by the magical images on each page that I paused long after the words were read to absorb the beauty and detail. The children in the story are drawn with such care and each one is so individual and incredible. It’s almost too wonderful to keep on the bookshelf and deserves to be framed and hung on the wall.

When reading aloud, it is always enjoyable to be able to read a story with a steady, easy to follow flow. This story is laid out in a comfortable progression of rhyming phrases without being sing-songy. Each page contains a small amount of script while the captivating illustrations tell the story right along with the the written word. The language is vivid, fun and adds character and creativity to this wonderful story.

Such a lovely, lovely book. Bought for my niece’s 1st birthday also and can’t wait to re-read it with her and for her to enjoy it as she grows up.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler