The Matilda book 1 Matilda Series by Jon Gray Lang
The Matilda book 1 Matilda Series
by Jon Gray Lang
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
Smuggler. Fugitive. Cyborg. Bounty Hunter.
Far off into the future in a distant part of the galaxy, the Consortium controls the human colonies held together by the jump gates. Where the Consortium doesn't hold sway, crime flourishes. Through the use of a hellish engine that goes where no one should, the crew of the Matilda slips its way between the two. But nothing has gone smoothly after they broke out one of their own off of a prison ship.
Fighting their way past shadowy government agencies and a dangerous crime lord; monstrosities from an unknown layer of the universe seem dead set to break through into ours.
When their pasts come back to haunt them, can Jacquotte Delahaye and her crew of misfits come together as they are attacked from all sides? Will the galaxy work hand in hand with them to survive the alien onslaught?
Strap yourself in for a bumpy ride in the first book of the series, the Matilda.
My Thoughts
The Matilda book 1 Matilda Series by Jon Gray Lang is deeply humane for a book with many interesting characters. The thrill within was shining like a beacon. Everytime I finish a Jon Gray Lang book, I am left introspecting, learning and unlearning, finding myself changed for the better. Even the most mundane scenes were made profound at the hands of Jon Gray Lang.
If you are looking for a dramatic science fiction full of action, this book is what exactly you need. I can't really express how amazing I find Jon Gray Langs writing. It is truly a balm for the soul. Whilst an avid fantasy reader I rarely delve into scifi. Galaxies, technology don't really connect with me. However the underlying essence of this series is one of both connectivity and inclusivity. Jon Gray Lang has the incredible ability to explore the human condition and extrapolate this to encompass an entire universe. His detailed observation is somehow universal are honestly astonishing. Since lockdown + covid I have found it very difficult to read. My source of joy and escapism became somehow blocked. This is the first book I have been able to read in it's entirety for a very long time. It is also probably the closest I have felt to a sense of belonging to a wider humanity in a long while. His characters and environs are pop out of the page real. A recognition of meticulous research that clearly contributes without being obvious. His writing somehow manages to ease my senses and I think adds beauty to the world. I will both miss them and treasure them all the more.
I wasn't sure what I was going to get with this book as I am not the world's greatest aficionado of science fiction but I found it really interesting and entertaining and very different. Buy it and be surprised!!
A delightful, cozy novel. Devoted fans and newcomers alike will thrill with this imaginative sci-fi confection
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment