Fright Nights, Big City (Canadian Werewolf) by Mark Leslie
Fright Nights, Big City (Canadian Werewolf)
by Mark Leslie
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
STOP SPREADING THE NEWS
THERE'S NO LEAVING TODAY
Not when the Big Apple comes under attack from an infectious worm threatening to rot it, and the entire nation, to the core.
Michael Andrews thought he'd found the perfect woman. A companion whose own powers neutralize his werewolf curse and bring the balance he has always wanted. But his plans on settling down and giving up the vigilante lifestyle are fleeting.
The hatred, the fear, and the monstrous attacks on innocent civilians grow and spread as supernatural monsters roam the city streets at night. The neo-Nazi Proud Fighters for America have already seeped their way across the continent and have nefarious plans for the city that never sleeps.
With Michael's powers nullified in Lex's presence, the couple is forced to divide in their attempt to conquer, and Michael turns to his ex-girlfriend's knowledge of the occult and an ally he thought was his enemy to fight this rising evil.
But will three supernatural humans and one paranormal scholar be enough to vanquish the growing legion of evil?
My Thoughts
Ok. So I watched this book hit the scene and I couldn't help but notice mixed reviews. I didn't want to read them in full detail because I didn't want it to taint my view on this story. I'll admit I dragged my feet in reading this for that reason and boy do I regret it. After I kept watching the number of views increase I decided to jump in regardless of other perspectives because this storyline really appealed to me. I love how it started. The hatred, the fear, and the monstrous attacks on innocent civilians grow and spread as supernatural monsters roam the city streets at night. There are some surprises along the way that were plot thickening. Overall I really enjoyed this. Yes, its a solid story. I love that it is leading towards a happy completion. This book has promise to it.
This is a new to me author and he got me in the feels. Lots of angst and definitely didn't see the end coming. I dont want to give away any spoilers. It's a good read, ready for more books by Mark Leslie. I took two days to read this so I could reread certain parts, a lot happens in this story and the author does an excellent job making you feel like you know the characters and their homes.
Great character building and nice story. I truly enjoyed the book and look forward to more from this author.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment