A Look Behind Lightning by Sharon D. Ballentine

A Look Behind Lightning 

by Sharon D. Ballentine

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
When high school English teacher, Jocasta Westgreen, performs a ritual so that she can make spiritual visitations to her students to plant subliminal messages of self-improvement into their dreams, Watchers affix themselves into her life. Jocasta, the Watchers, her students, and her boyfriend become entangled in a battle of survival. Desperate to save everyone from monstrous transformations or even death, Jocasta enlists the assistance of a voodoo queen and a gypsy to help her to sever the bonds of the Watchers. As a result of their struggles, Jocasta and two of her students, Miranda and Amanda, are transformed into super humans. Can the three compel the Watchers and save them all? Readers will jump onto a thrilling rollercoaster ride of heights and plunges with high school seniors who battle for survival against dark forces. Can humans stop Watchers?

My Thoughts
At some time in every child’s life, the occult makes its mark. Nothing truly Exorcist level, but scary nevertheless. Remember all those ghost stories, and getting a little too excited about being freaked out on Halloween? I personally never did a Ouija board—too chicken! Even though I always doubted the truth of these things, they still chilled me. 
Writing of A Look Behind Lightning by Sharon D. Ballentine deliciously tapped into that fear and fascination. The book is a trip back in time where mystery and the occult intertwine until truth sheds light on monstrous and deadly situation. 

Original and memorable...engrossing...disturbing...Horror mavens who enjoy violence and harrowing imagery will find plenty of both here. But there is more to A Look Behind Lightning than fear. This story of a supernaturally powerful man who can resurrect the dead probes the many varieties of corruption. I found myself mesmerized by the plotline and characters of the book , my interest peaked several times throughout the book. I liked the story overall but I would definitely going to recommend this book. I would surely going to read this book again.

Remarkably powerful...Sharon D. Ballentine has created a truly legendary storyline. In pure descriptive power there is no one writing horror fiction now who can match her. The most literate and disturbing horror novel I have ever read. This is the place that nightmares are spawned—read it at your own peril, but read it you must!

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler