Love is Not Pie: Variations on a Monogamish Theme by Katherine Lazaruk

Love is Not Pie: Variations on a Monogamish Theme 

by Katherine Lazaruk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
Caught between a loving husband and a man from her past, one woman chooses an unconventional way to explore her personal “road not taken.”

Love is Not Pie is a personal exploration navigating the world of consensual non-monogamy and polyamory. This collection of poems—erotic, yearning, sweet, and angry—was written by Lazaruk to and about her two beloved men over the course of several years. Collected here for the first time, the original poems are woven together with new pieces that provide context for how the stor y unfolded, how the love affair finally ended, and why.

In this expressive work of poetry, Lazaruk explores attachment, fear, love, lust, grief, and the push-pull between what she knows is right, and how she justifies her actions. Love Is Not Pie will resonate with readers who have flirted with relationships outside the norm of Western marital conventions, as well as those who are interested in peering behind the curtain of what most of us show the world about our private lives.

My Thoughts
A collection of poetry and prose, this book travels through love and healing, shedding a burden of unspoken words, raw and unfiltered. A fearful yet loved experience. I found my connection to this book the moment i saw it’s cover and title, it felt good, i smilied when i saw that maybe there’s some hope for everyone for me too! it’s a beautiful mixture of heartfelt poems and such relatable thoughts that I don’t think anyone else could’ve penned it down so well. I enjoyed reading the book a lot. Love is Not Pie: Variations on a Monogamish Theme 
by Katherine Lazaruk is definitely one of the top contenders for best poetry collections in 2022. It is everything integral to the pulse of prose. Lyrical, blunt, and heartfelt, Katherine Lazaruk has a gift for us sprinkled throughout every single page: her heart and soul in the form of paper and ink. 

Katherine Lazaruk draws you in from the very start with the most beautifully raw, intimate tone. From the burden of loss to the soaring heights of love, and all those human complexities in between. Love is Not Pie is everything readers need. ⁣ ⁣ You know the collection is magnetic and thoughtful when you read it in one sitting. As soon as I finished it, I thought to myself, “Wow. I can feel my heart beating.” And what more could I possibly ask for from prose? ⁣

It’s highly original, and, if I’m being fair, only halfway poetry. But there’s simply no other category for a book that’s as much art object as work of literature, or the enormous emotional weight shifted by just a few scattered words. It’s one of the best books of any kind I’ve read in the last decade (and definitely the best book Flushed with many emotions), so I have no doubt that everyone should read this book more than once.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else