Framandi Alliance: Galaxy Accretion Conflicts by Rashid Ahmed

Framandi Alliance: Galaxy Accretion Conflicts 

by Rashid Ahmed

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
Tasked with exploring an anomaly in space, Icelandic transhuman twins Jón and Ásta along with the crew of Átt, make first contact with a species seeking passage through the solar system. They learn of an ancient, ongoing, intergalactic confrontation, between the Canis Major Dwarf Galaxy and Milky Way.

As galaxies merge, territorial conflicts have been reignited. And, it’s consuming civilizations.

Allying with the knowledgeable Framandi, the crew undertake a multi-system journey, confronting the advanced Gigils, a species that could devastate Earth. The alliance salvages a relic Kilig infiltration spacecraft, leftover from an ancient battle, and installs a second-generation human AI named Kei to operate the ship.

Merging with the existing AI aboard the Kilig vessel, Kei’s objectives change as it realizes that wetware enhances its abilities. The AI attempts to infiltrate and subjugate Framandi and Gigil minds; then turns its attention to Earth.

Now, all independent, intelligent life is vulnerable. Jón and Ásta must overcome vastly superior odds, to protect the world they love.

My Thoughts
Let me tell you that , I had never read any by Rashid Ahmed before and didn’t know what to expect. Relatively Strange was a very pleasant surprise. I’d struggle to put this book into a genre as it sits quite comfortably across several. Although the science fiction is at its core, it also embraces thrilling experience. I absolutely loved this book, and as soon as I finished it rushed straight to the bookstore to buy the other books by Rashid Ahmed. 

I was recommended this book by several people I know who had already read it. They weren't wrong. I loved the storyline and all the characters that ran through the book. I loved the descriptions of other lives in this universe, I could so identify with these. Then the book changed direction and took a darker twist which I wasn't expecting. I found I was holding my breath at times, waiting to see what would happen. Overall I loved the book and I'm looking forward to reading more books by the author.

One of the best books written of all time in my opinion. Really solid science throughout, no major and irritating plot holes, likeable and believable characters and a fascinating story line. I breezed though this book during my trip, and it was worth every second. Very entertaining, loved the use of space, tech and science concepts. Pacing was amazing and author gave the ending a great feeling.

An unusual and compelling novel. If you want to try something a bit different, I’d really recommend this.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler