Lipstick Asylum by Nzondi

Lipstick Asylum 

by Nzondi

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
The Scream Teens are hired to raise the dead as the necro-tainment for a zombie cruise, and the eighteen-year-old animator, Cozy Coleman, is bitten by a shapeshifting she-wolf. To Cozy’s surprise, she survives and with the aid of her friends, helps the government stop a human-extinction virus from spreading. Unfortunately, Cozy uncovers a secret so haunting, that her death is only the beginning of her problems.

My Thoughts
I read this book in 2 days, that's how good it was. Just to put into perspective, I am the laziest kid ever and I just sit around and speedrun Little Nightmares, so it's a rare occasion to catch me reading on my own. First, it is thrilling , enough to make you uneasy. It has a good plot and I loved the ending, it was so good. I love occult fiction books and movies, horror movies are the only thing I watch, and it's nice to see uncomfort.

As an adult I liked this story. It was freaky and dark but I enjoyed it and it left me with a good feeling. Nzondi has an ability to write amazing stories, filled with great description and definitely spookiness.

I will forgo writing a full summary, as many other reviewers have already done a great job doing so, and simply distill the story into a few thoughts that left indelible marks. complex characters that really keep you engaged in the story. It also had a few good moral lessons. All in all I think this is a really good read for any age. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, rise to your feet and applaud: Lipstick Asylum is the real thing.

Nzondi’s tale is inventive, scary, thrilling and finally affirmative. Readers young and old will find something to startle them.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler