The Nephilem (The Eternal Game, #1)by S.E. Wilson
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
The Nephilem (The Eternal Game, #1)
by S.E. Wilson
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
When Hyienna, a down-on-his-luck drifter, gets involved in complex relationships and a mysterious rucksack, he finds himself at the centre of a sinister age-long conspiracy that threatens everything.
The Nephilem is debut novelist Exquil' s unforgettable slight-of-hand turn, exploring life in Formentera, perfect for a set of escapists from mainland Spain, looking for survival in the unrelenting dry winds and lively sea of the mysterious Balearics.
Drifter Hyienna is gifted a mysterious rucksack on arrival to the sun-soaked paradise of Formentera. From there, he gets involved in his cousin's complex relationships with the promise of redemption from a past he is determined to outrun.
But it soon becomes clear that escaping the past is not possible as a sacred mystery conspires to take grip and cost Hyienna everything he holds deer.
The Nephilem is romantic, bittersweet, esoteric and has hints of a larger more eternal conspiracy; one that is determined to reset the established imagery of its Balearic setting.
A trip to the Mediterranean will never be the same again.
My Thoughts
This is a good story, with interesting, well developed characters and a solid plot. S.E. Wilson is a new author to me, but I have to say, now I'm hooked! This book was quite unpredictable - there were twists and turns I wasn't expecting and both the main and secondary characters were all interesting to learn about. This book was exactly what I needed to get over my mega-snit. It had everything I want or need. Several pages into the novel, I knew I had a special literary piece in my hands. I very much enjoyed this read, and surprisingly, the short chapters were not an annoyance as can sometimes be when the author is not skilled enough to execute them. For serious readers who like their books to have weighty, loaded implications, and for readers who appreciate intelligent writing that give literary gifts every turn of the page, 'The Nephilem ' is for you. Read carefully and "open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever.
This is a book you really should read, and relish. (I read this on my kindle and hid the progress percentage because I didn't want it to end.) S.E. Wilson writes with absolutely beautiful imagery. It's emotional and vivid and earnest. A wonderful reminder that books were written to provide a unique insight into how others think, and feel, and live, and love.
Whether or not you read for this singular kind of pleasure, you’ll find this story a timely reminder of humanity during a time of inhumanity.
And you’ll write more masterfully for reading it.
Highly Recommended!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment