Milk Memories : Collected Works of an Enfant Terrible by Vikrant Kelkar
Milk Memories : Collected Works of an Enfant Terrible
by Vikrant Kelkar
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5
Synopsis
Collected Works of an Enfant Terrible. Low-lifers, knights and decorated officers are all part of the book that I have written. All of them are wayward and somehow seeking a reprieve. It chronicles the new millennium and its challenges. Some stories are supernatural and some are apocalyptic. It has a bit of everything for all kinds of people. Humorous, dark and grotesque are just some of the themes. It brings out the darkness of the human soul.
My Thoughts
Book grabed from the start; the prose is fantastic, and though some details got tedious, every page was interesting and engaging. That being said, the second half was much more exciting and interesting. I have… complicated feelings about this book.
On the one hand, it’s a super fast, readable book – I read the whole thing on a chilly Sunday. It’s the kind of book I like to think of as chilling – it was supernatural, quick, and apocalyptic to read.
On the other hand… You know those reads where someone gets what’s coming to them and you feel vindicated on the part of the wronged party?
If you really love supernatural books and you’re looking for something that shocks and surprises, I for sure know that this one’s for you. But if you’re looking for an entry point into the genre I think this is relatively interesting, quick trip down that path to see if it tickles your fancy.
Overall, I enjoyed this book a lot. The prose, as I mentioned, is just lovely, and that’s one of the most important things for me to stay interested in a story.
I recommend Milk Memories for a relatively short read. For me, it’ll always remind me of the early days of my life. Great book! Four stars for Milk Memories.
Highly Recommended!
Fiction
Comments
Post a Comment