Shattered by Kunal Grover
Shattered
by Kunal Grover
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.3/5
Synopsis
Taking the readers to another realm, the novelfollows the story of the protagonist, Jeremy— his adventurous quest of finding love, reason and purpose to live in a newly horrifying world, where his life got shattered into!Withthe mysterious adventures of the protagonist,the novel also sheds light on the human desires of greed, power and relationships. The author emphasises on the long lost traits of humans that defined humanity: acceptance, redeeming, to value the present and to be grateful for it. Though containing some horrific incidents, this story doesn’t divert from its message and yet, keeps the readers in thrill for turning the pages quickly to find what will happen to theprotagonist’s life and that of his fellow characters. Inspired by the Greek Gods and the Ancient Greek Religion, the story of Jeremy teaches the readers to follow a path and a goal— something to thrive for; with thebeautiful songs,ballads and folklores passed on by the ancestors, as depicted in this novel. Join the quest of Jeremy, with a little bit of horror, little bit of cultural influences, some parts of action, some even magical; and his battle for love and acceptance! Leavingthe rest in the pages of history and myths narrated in the songs…
My Thoughts
I love the characters, the adventure, the magic, All of it. I woke up this morning and was trying to remember the name of the show I was watching the day before and I realised after a few minutes that it wasn’t a show at all, but was this book. The writing was good enough to allow me to all but make a mental movie out of the words on the page, and it was a movie I couldn’t wait to continue watching.
Looking forward to the next book. This one was a bit short for my liking, but kept me interested throughout. I could not be more happy with the time spent reading this book. Good characters nice twists and turns and a totally fun read. Cant wait for the next book by Kunal Grover. I must say its another immersive adventure that involves you such that putting the book down is yet another challenge whilst reading this horror, little bit of cultural influences all can enjoy. As the story progresses on I find myself getting drawn more and more into the story. Any story that can draw you into it and make you forget for a moment that you’re sitting here reading a story, is the sign of excellence.
Overall I really didn’t enjoy were the small scenes from other perspectives where you had no idea who the author was talking about and had to guess or figure out who they were later. It would’ve been very helpful to have some small information regarding who was being talked about especially when they were a new character.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment