Sons of Darkness by Gourav Mohanty

Sons of Darkness 

by Gourav Mohanty

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.6/5

Synopsis
Bled dry by violent confrontations with the Magadhan Empire, the Mathuran Republic simmers on the brink of oblivion. The Republic’s Leaders, Krishna and Satyabhama, have put their plans in motion within and beyond its blood-soaked borders, to protect it from annihilation. But they will soon discover that neither gold nor alliances last forever.

They are, however, not the only players in this game.

Mati, Pirate-Princess of Kalinga, must mend her ways if she is to be a good wife. But old habits die hard, especially when one habitually uses murder to settle scores. Karna, the gifted son of a lowborn charioteer, hopes to bury his brutal past, but finds that life is not generous in offering second chances. The crippled hero-turned-torturer Shakuni struggles in the maze of daggers, that is politics, leaving little time for him to plot the revenge he craves.

Alongside a cast of sinister queens, naive kings, pious assassins and predatory priests, these dubious heroes will converge where the Son of Darkness is prophesied to rise and break the World, even as forgotten Gods prepare to play their hand.

My Thoughts
The tradition of storytelling is an ancient one, and one that spans the entire earth. I grew up reading, watching, and listening to epic tales that were grounded in the lush stories of my Indian heritage–everything from ancient Indian epics, like the Mahabharata, to classic children’s folktales, like the Panchatantra. In due time, as I switched to public libraries as my source of storytelling and inspiration, I fell in love with fantasy as a genre. It captured that same magic and wonder of the tales I had grown up with and offered to take me away on new adventures.

Sons of Darkness by Gourav Mohanty is a recently published book with an amazing fantasy world inspired by India and Indian history that will transport you away—and make you never want to come back to the real world.
Storyline of this novel is a dream comes true, weaving together rich characterization and lush magic to create a beautifully imagined fantasy world. A brilliant debut that shows us a rich, magical world with clear parallels to this one, I was hooked from the moment I began this marvelous debut book by Gourav Mohanty.

This book had so many things I loved and didn’t know I needed. Gourav Mohanty deftly combines history and fantasy to create a world that is fully realized and compelling. A darkly intricate, devastating, and utterly original story.

Highly Recommended!














Indian fantasy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler