Suspension (Time Binder) By Andrea Faye Christians
Suspension (Time Binder)
By Andrea Faye Christians
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5
Synopsis
An unexpected time travel tale. When Carla Thompson falls asleep and doesn't wake up, she is shocked to discover what destiny has in store for her. Suspended between two worlds, she meets Isambard Brunel, the legendary eighteenth-century civil engineer, who built the Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol, England, and who now serves as guardian of its secrets. Historical events intertwine with Carla's current reality and along the way she discovers a murder, encounters a host of characters including Jamaican psychic, Matilda, and engages in verbal banter with literary legend, Ernest Hemingway. Her adventures lead her to a startling revelation about why she was chosen for her strange new role. In death Carla realises she has never felt more alive.
My Thoughts
The other night at dinner, I was asking my kids whether they would like to travel to the past or the future. The myriad replies included visiting the dinosaurs and flying in a spaceship across the galaxy.
The linear nature of our lives means that we can only imagine a different way of experiencing time. The best time travel books use this impossibility to create mind-bending scenarios for us to contemplate.
Today, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite time travel book that I read recently "Suspension (Time Binder)" By Andrea Faye Christians I felt that the way the author set up the plot movement was ingenious. She managed to create a complex story line without making it impossible to follow.
I loved all the foreshadowing. The knowing that something was going to happen, and having an inkling about what it was, but never knowing or understanding fully, until both the protagonists had experienced the moment – that was pretty awesome.
I loved this book. It’s almost perfect, it made me think, and feel, and want (what more can one ask for?). It’s one of those stories that pulls you into the characters’ lives and leaves you wanting more, mulling over the scenes and premise for days after you’ve reluctantly turned the last page.
So I would recommend this book to everyone, this book is an experience NOT to be missed.
Highly Recommended!
Time Travel
Comments
Post a Comment