You Are Still the One by Himanshu Rai
You Are Still the One
by Himanshu Rai
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.2/5
A heart-warming story about love, faith, smiles, and friendship. You Are Still the One traces the lives of Trisha, Aditya, Varun, Meetu, and Dakshit. Trisha, a lively and talented young seventeen-year-old, has been diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma. Her father brings her to Delhi for treatment where she meets her doctor’s son, Aditya, a smart, cheerful army officer. Their friendship and love blossom during Trisha’s treatment. Even as Trisha is doubtful about her recovery, Aditya, along with Trisha’s cousin Varun and his girlfriend Meetu, keeps her spirits up, encouraging her. Then the day arrives when Aditya has to return to duty. After news of an accident in Siachen, they don't hear from him again. What happens next? Does Trisha recover? Does she meet someone new? Does she ever see Aditya again? Some love stories can make you cry, and yet make you believe that miracles do happen.
My Thoughts
Let’s be real — a lighthearted romance book paired with a beautifully illustrated cover is a divine duo. That said, we brought to you the best contemporary romance book I read in 2022. "You Are Still the One" by Himanshu Rai
In terms of style and plot beats, the novel reads like a rom-com film distilled into book format; it is easy to imagine these characters acting out their lives on screen.
Characters were well-written and I could easily relate to them because the author brought them to life for me and I felt as though I was right beside them as they navigated the ups and downs of their friendships and family relationships.
I couldn’t get enough of his entertaining and flawless writing and the witty banter between the characters. I love the fact that this story was told through the heart of author.
This author definitely deserves the highest of fives because she gave this lovely story the right amount of angst, humor, romance and heart-breaking moments and I’m not ashamed to admit that I had a hard time with putting my kindle down after I got past the first page.
One to read on a rainy day when nothing but chocolate and a (mostly) lighthearted romance will do. Himanshu Rai has done a fabulous job with portraying the deep bonds between these endearing characters. By the way, this book cover is so adorable and I am always smiling every time I look at it!
Highly Recommended!
Contemporary romance
Comments
Post a Comment