Man on Ice (Rake Ozenna thrillers) by Humphrey Hawksley
Man on Ice (Rake Ozenna thrillers)
by Humphrey Hawksley
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5
Synopsis
Special Agent Captain Rake Ozenna watches as a fleet of Russian military helicopters heads straight for his home, a remote Alaskan island with a population of just eighty.
What he doesn’t know yet is why.
Soon, however, he learns that Russia is playing a dangerous political game: in a daring act of provocation, it reclaims the American island as its own. Caught in the crosshairs of sabre-rattling big powers, Rake is determined to save his people and his island, even if it costs him his life.
My Thoughts
Books can be powerful and moving, but they can also be just plain entertaining. After all, there would be little incentive to explore the world of fiction if it didn’t offer some joys! Thriller writers have understood this for ages, which is why an action-packed thriller remains the best choice for beach days and airplane travel. But any book can benefit from a bit of genre-bending, which is why we’re partial to the supernatural thriller: that special book that feels like a speculative fiction novel with a bit of thriller thrown in, or vice versa.
Anyone who knows me knows I love all things bloody…and action…and thriller related. So what’s better than a thrilling flushed with blood and action? Well, a action Thriller novel of course. Man on Ice (Rake Ozenna thrillers)
by Humphrey Hawksley reads for you to sink your teeth into. I’ll be honest: I actually just read this book recently and I cannot stop thinking about it. Are you a action thriller reader who loves attempting to guess the twist with every new piece of information you receive? Because I am and this novel did not disappoint. This novel was truly addicting to the point where I kept trying to sneak my Kindle into the office so I could keep reading.
Humphrey Hawksley truly has a way with words and this spooky story is sure to grab you from the start. It really does have all the best elements of a thriller novel mixed with blood and action for you to enjoy.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment