The Academy Saga : The Elite & Gifted by CJ Daly

The Academy Saga : The Elite & Gifted 

by CJ Daly

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
Be careful what you wish for . . .

Barely seventeen and I’m already suffocating. Since my mother’s death, my father has basically checked out, leaving me to raise my brothers out in the New Mexico scrub. All I want is a little distraction from the monotony of my pathetic life.

When two mysterious guys show up at the diner where I work, I think my wish has come true. Until they start giving me a hard time. I’ve learned that pretty and poor is a bad combination; it just seems to bring out the bully in some people—like those two alpha jerks. Something about them twitches my internal antennae, but I brush it aside. I mean, I’m never going to see them again. Right? Then they appear in an alley one night to either rescue or kidnap me (I’m still not sure which) before disappearing.

I put the bizarre encounters out of my mind because I have bigger problems to worry about: like that elite military academy that’s been pursuing my gifted little brother. When one of their cadets shows up in my small town, he’s an instant sensation. And just happens to be one of those mysterious guys. Coincidence? Mama said there’s no such thing, and to always trust my instinct. But that might be kind of hard, because every time I’m around Cadet Davenport, my gut starts flip-flopping on me . . . and my heart.

My Thoughts
Wow! This book has instantly become my all time favorite military romance story. The plot was great, it kept me eagerly turning the pages, it was action packed yet the romance never took a back seat, there was a lot of interaction between the lead characters were beyond great, he has become my all time favorite. The reader is taken into a wild, fun ride (at least for me). 

Yet for all the things I loved about this book, it was the heroine who made this story so enjoyable for me. The Academy Saga : The Elite & Gifted is a wonderfully moving tale some are romantic, some are familial, but all are deeply complicated. Dealing with love, hidden secrets, and second chances, this stirring tale is utterly engaging and ultimately hopeful. The Academy Saga : The Elite & Gifted will sweep you away with the intoxicating scents, bold flavors, and sweeping views of the region and transport you to a world you won’t be in any hurry to leave.

I re-read her books at least yearly. I have favorites but each time I read a book of hers, I think to myself, that was great, can’t wait for the next one to come out. Read this book, I believe you will not be disappointed. A beautiful tale of love, loss, family and the healing power inside each of us.

The Academy Saga : The Elite & Gifted by CJ Daly is every bit real and tangible. It's a story you can't walk away from, yet you're breaking into pieces the deeper you read. My only objection is that I wanted more. More of interesting characters and their lives intertwined together. It's a slow burn, a sizzle, a spark, a big gush of wind threatening to blow you away.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler