To Charm a Killer (Hollystone Mysteries Book 1) by W. L. Hawkin

To Charm a Killer (Hollystone Mysteries Book 1) 

by W. L. Hawkin

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
When a third witch vanishes from Vancouver, the witches of Hollystone Coven spin a charm to catch the killer. But spells create ripples and in the ensuing chaos, an innocent seventeen-year-old girl gets caught up in the charm. As obsessed with the killer as the killer is with him, High Priest Estrada vows to find the man and stop him. Then, at their Samhain ritual, Hecate speaks through their high priestess and shocks everyone with her prophecy:

As one of you has spun the charm, now none of you are safe from harm.
One who all felt they could trust, breeds deception cloaked in lust.
One will gain their heart’s desire, while yet another pays with fire.
Before the dark of winter night, four souls pass over into light.
Once begun it cannot end, but circles round as circles bend.

To save the girl and catch the killer, Estrada journeys from the West Coast of Canada to Ireland and Beyond. Abduction, death, fire, and faeries. Can Estrada stop the killer or is he too caught up in the charm?

W. L. Hawkin weaves threads of Macbeth and ancient Irish myth with edgy romance in this mysterious urban fantasy.

My Thoughts
To Charm a Killer (Hollystone Mysteries Book 1) by W. L. Hawkin Another page turner, full of myths, lore, romance, music, and revenge. Like I said, I wish I'd known what I was walking into- but if you're current on the urban fantasy books, you know that W. L. Hawkin can handle these subjects without being too graphic. I loved this book, and will read it again. 

This book was very mysterious and I was on the edge of my seat trying to figure out what happened to these people. The atmosphere the author creates always gets me in the mood and keeps me intrigued until the end. It gets very dark sometimes, but there are also lots of sweet and fun moments. To Charm a Killer had the perfect balance of mystery, action, romance and fantasy. I loved that we were able to get to know a couple of characters better in this book, I especially was intrigued about characters backstory. I always hate getting to the end because I know I'll have to wait a couple of years for the next book. The ending has me very anxious to get my hands on the next three books in this series. I'll just have to reread this book until then.

W. L. Hawkin has created such a detailed and well thought out world that I am helpless to resist. Interesting, fast-paced urban fantasy…An imaginative writer who always leaves fans anxiously waiting for the next tale.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else

Loz The Worry-Eating Monster by Alison McQuillan