Wolf at the Door by Joel McKay

Wolf at the Door 

by Joel McKay 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
All Charlotte Deerborn wanted was a nice Thanksgiving dinner with family and friends. Too bad for her no one else wanted to be there. By the time the turkey is carved, old grievances, bad behavior and crass remarks have transformed her dinner party into a disaster. And then a werewolf shows up to do some carving of its own.

Wolf at the Door is a fast-paced, absurdist take on modern creature horror, levering humor and action to highlight how one family comes to grips with what really matters in life.

My Thoughts
You might think that horror and comedy are natural adversaries, as far as genres go. One is about scaring you with monsters and ambiance, and the other is about delighting you with goofs and wordplay. And yet, much like pumpkin and coffee, these two very different flavors can work together to create something even better. Both genres are essentially trying to surprise you, after all, whether that surprise results in tears of laughter or paralyzing fear. So here is surprisingly funny horror book for your fall reading pleasure Wolf at the Door by Joel McKay.

I don't normally go in for supernatural horror. The whole genre never really interested me. I like horror novels, but generally I go for the paranormal genre. When I saw this though, something drew me to it. Whatever the reason was, I am thrilled that I got this book. It is fantastic. I will do what I can not to reveal anything. Story is a lot more fun and a lot funnier, while still giving a nice dose of the chills to readers.

In the end, I would definitely recommend this book to any fan of the horror genre. Even if you, like me, don't go in for the "ghost stories" type, this is just inventive enough, that it feels different somehow. You will enjoy this book. I know I did.

Highly Recommended!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else