These Lingering Shadows: An Anthology of Gothic and Haunting Tales by Daemon Manx

These Lingering Shadows: An Anthology of Gothic and Haunting Tales 

by Daemon Manx 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
An anthology of gothic tales and horrors for the season, filled with, tragedy, heartbreak, wonderment, and terror. Journey into these thought-provoking worlds and behold the majesty of traditional gothic elements delivered with a modern style. Inspired by a true love for the Macabre and the unnerving atmosphere of the Gothic genre, author Daemon Manx has gathered together some of the greatest literary voices of our time.

With a foreword by Candace Nola this anthology of fifteen short stories from some of the most terrifying authors in today's horror world will transport you into the shadows. Light a candle and lock the doors because the hour of the witch is close at hand. The tales within this haunting collection are of dark places and shadows, catacombs and hidden passages, witches, vampires, secrets and curses. There are stories of deception, possession, despair and remorse, betrayal and of course ... death.
These Lingering Shadows features stories from:

Jeremy Megargee - "A Dream of Dead Leaves"

My Thoughts
It’s creepy, weird, gross, beyond extreme, and the ending was so unexpected that I was completely shocked. I won’t ruin anything for you but once everything unfolds, you’ll also be making some weird faces as you read. It’s just too crazy, you know? I enjoyed all the cryptic chapters and it just really blew my mind that Daemon Manx could come up with a short story that is so twisted and quick to read.

I give “These Lingering Shadows: An Anthology of Gothic and Haunting Tales” by Daemon Manx a 4.4/5 and would recommend this to any reader that is looking for extreme, shocking, and crazy horror. It was very well written, had some nice twists, and the ending was pretty intense. 

The majority of stories were great but there was one I found truly spellbinding . This was a solid read that I enjoyed and will remember for many years to come. This is a dark twisted exploration of violence, pain and inner darkness. A thick idea placed in sperate stories yet each story has a tie up with the complete storyline. This is an extreme horror book that plays with the senses of the reader. Daemon Manx knows how to mingle the grotesque with the over all appeal of a storyteller both fictional and yet reality based in the concept of a darker nature unfolding in all it's gory glory for the adventurous reader who happens to explore these darkened caves of fiction.

These Lingering Shadows: An Anthology of Gothic and Haunting Tales is a nightmare, but also a waking dream.

Would I Return to it Again: Absolutely. Its a book that will haunt you, but a book that demands a deep sense of exploration. I have become an instant fan of Daemon Manx.

Highly Recommended!










Horror

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler