Between February and November by Pattti Lee

Between February and November 

by Pattti Lee

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
Between February and November is a story that delves into the messy uncertainty of a long-term marriage. It takes place in a modern-day lakeside town in Vermont. That February morning started out like any other; Layla Ranker got her kids ready for school and her husband off to work before she went off to work herself. It went downhill from there. An unfortunate event brought her two towns away from home where she happened to see her husband Alan with a young, attractive woman. She subsequently followed them to a hotel. Devastated, Layla contemplates the last 20 years of her life. She tries to figure out what went wrong and wonders if Alan regrets marrying her right after high school. Old wounds are opened when she confronts him about what she saw. Can they get past the past and rekindle what they once had?

My Thoughts
A gorgeously written and well-layered novel that immediately transports us to the life of two amazing characters Layla and Alan. The wonderful writing by Pattti Lee had me glued and now ready for something else by him. Between February and November was a very interesting read that I wholeheartedly recommend. My First Reads selection for November 3 A beautifully written piece bringing the hardships of The relationships and life before modern technology clearly into focus. Wonderfully strong female characters and a glimpse into a part of the world that I'll, sadly, never visit. This novel depicts a hard way of life that made the simple pleasures all the more precious

A slow start with nothing much appearing to happen, then picking up its pace to a fitting climax. The characters are real and I swear by the end of the book I felt right at home amongst those amazing people. This book hits deep. Especially reading it as a wife and a husband.

The depth of this story is unlike any I’ve read before. I absolutely loved Pattti Lee’s character. The letters were amazing to watch unfold, and Pattti Lee’s character also had some great evolutions.

This was the first Pattti Lee book I’ve read, and I have to say she knocked it out of the park.

I’d suggest this book to anyone who likes a quick, deep reads with elements that will leave you tearing up with everything from sadness to sentimentality. I give it five out of five stars.




Wife Divorce
Relationship 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler