Throwing Shadows: A Dark Collection by Jerry Roth

Throwing Shadows: A Dark Collection 

by Jerry Roth

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
A woman develops an unhealthy obsession with a scarecrow. A boy plays with a Ouija board and receives a terrifying warning of murder. A down-on-his-luck father learns what happens when you die in your sleep. These stories and six more frightening tales await the reader within the pages of Throwing Shadows: A Dark Collection.

Throwing Shadows will feed that hungry dark side that lives in your cellar.

My Thoughts
Recently, I had one of the most fitting reading experiences of my life. I was sitting on my bed, reading Throwing Shadows: A Dark Collection 
by Jerry Roth, which is an amazing collection of horrifying stories. And right in the middle of a tense scene, my Baby Yoda doll fell from my bookshelf (thank you, cats) and landed on my ankle. To say I screamed would be an understatement. I also launched myself several inches straight up off the bed. I was so startled! And then I laughed a lot. What an absolutely perfect time for that to happen. This is all to say: Hello, my name is John Kerry, and I like books that scare me. It is fun to read books that scare me that's why I loved Throwing Shadows: A Dark Collection.

Throwing Shadows: A Dark Collection 
by Jerry Roth is the exact right pick you it is a surprisingly amazing horror , fantasy fiction that mixes in jump scares to keep the blood pumping in between tears falling. I must say , I'm already falling in love with this book all over again as I re-read it. 

So, Throwing Shadows: A Dark Collection is an amazing collection of horror stories, but how exactly does it stand up in terms of horror? Well, quite brilliantly, really. When reading it, there were several scenes where I had to put the book down and just process it for a solid five minutes before I continued to read. Funnily enough, the horror does not stem from the actual encounters with It, but rather in the interactions between the characters. 

Overall,

A great novel. A phenomenal book






Horror 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler