Because of Rachel by Alan Bryce Grossman
Because of Rachel
Because of Rachel by Alan Bryce Grossman is every bit real and tangible. It's a story you can't walk away from, yet you're breaking into pieces the deeper you read. My only objection is that I wanted more. More of interesting characters and their lives intertwined together. It's a slow burn, a sizzle, a spark, a big gush of wind threatening to blow you away.
by Alan Bryce Grossman
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 5/5
Synopsis
Set in the late 1960s, in suburban Chicago, moving into the war landscape of Vietnam and Cambodia, and then into the South of France, Because of Rachel tells the story of the uncertainties that life presents. When Will Stanford graduates from high school, he has no direction. However, life imposes itself on Will, as he finds himself in a marriage he doesn't want, father to his baby daughter who intrigues yet confounds him, pushing him into various dead-end situations. Will finally makes a choice, finding himself in uniform in Vietnam. The tragedies he encounters in the jungle in the middle of nowhere will forever change his life.
My Thoughts
Wow! This book has instantly become my all time favorite military romance story. The plot was great, it kept me eagerly turning the pages, it was action packed yet the romance never took a back seat, there was a lot of interaction between the lead characters were beyond great, he has become my all time favorite. The reader is taken into a wild, fun ride (at least for me).
Yet for all the things I loved about this book, it was the heroine who made this story so enjoyable for me. Because of Rachel by Alan Bryce Grossman is a wonderfully moving tale some are romantic, some are familial, but all are deeply complicated. Dealing with love, Vietnam war, war times emotions this stirring tale is utterly engaging and ultimately hopeful. Because of Rachel will sweep you away with the difficult times, bold flavors, and sweeping views of the region and transport you to a world you won’t be in any hurry to leave.
I will reread this book for sure. I have favorites but since I have read this one, I think to myself, this was great, can’t wait for the next one to come out. Read this book, I believe you will not be disappointed. A beautiful tale of love, loss, family and the healing power inside each of us.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment