Any Time Soon by Tamika Christy

Any Time Soon 

by Tamika Christy

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
A 2014 Finalist Award Winner in the African American Fiction category of the Indie Next Generations Awards. Frenzied. Overburdened. Stressed. Overwhelmed. These are just a few ways to describe college senior Anaya Goode's life. Add to this no career prospects following a looming graduation, and Anaya quickly finds herself drowning in the chaos of her own life. Her family and friends demand much of Anaya, and she's struggling to balance herself in the mire. Facing an onslaught of grief, complex relationships, and a life that is full of deafening noise, Anaya must find herself, and maybe even true love and redemption, amid old traditions and new beginnings.

My Thoughts
The narration of Any time soon was incredibly moving—it brought tears to my eyes and compelled me to confront my own layers of pain and turmoil. Reading it felt like glimpsing into my own story. I rarely write reviews, but when a book hits me deep, I can't help but share my thoughts.

"Anytime Soon" by Tamika Christy takes us on a journey with Anaya Goode, a young woman facing the heart-wrenching reality of her brother's unsolved murder. Coming back home from college, Anaya finds herself caught up in the dynamics of her family – their quirks, personal issues, and the emotional aftermath of tragedy.

The story unfolds as Anaya becomes a pillar of support for her friends, tackling another wave of misfortune that deepens her struggle with depression. The unexpected turns in her relationships, especially with therapist Judy and her best friend turned lover Carl, add a layer of complexity to her journey.

Absolutely hooked on "Anytime Soon"! It's a relentless page-turner that I couldn't put down. The freshness and excitement in this book compelled me to read it not once, but twice. Reconnecting with Anaya, Catie, Jeff, Sophie, Carl, Aunt Marie, and the whole cast of characters was a genuine pleasure. Can't wait for the sequel!

As a debut novel, Tamika Christy's "Anytime Soon" earns a solid 5-star from my side.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else

Loz The Worry-Eating Monster by Alison McQuillan