Midpoint: A Memoir by Patricia Angeles

Midpoint: A Memoir 

by Patricia Angeles

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
Midpoint: A Memoir is an immigrant woman’s story of perseverance and building a legacy future generations can be proud of.

Patricia Angeles is at the midpoint of the average human lifespan. Decades of experience, mistakes, love, and loss have led her to contemplate what anyone might when they’ve lived half their life. “What kind of legacy am I leaving behind? What do I want my friends and family to remember after I’m gone? What are the biggest life lessons I can impart while I’m still here?”

Through this collection of personal stories, Patricia attempts to assess her answers to these questions, and perhaps encourage others to do the same. Spanning from her childhood in Manila to her immigration and life in Los Angeles, these stories touch on her youth, her acclimation to American culture, her remarkable career in the world of banking, her thoughts on motherhood, the important people who made her who she is today, and major events that forever changed the trajectory of her life.

A raw, honest, poignant, and at times funny read, Patricia aims to inspire her readers to pursue happiness against all odds and to not settle for a life of mediocrity. Through the power of story, this book ultimately asks: What are we but the accumulation of our experiences?

My Thoughts
Midpoint: A Memoir by Patricia Angeles is an amazing memoir about pursuing happiness no matter what, because you deserve happiness.

There is a wealth of material out there about happiness.

Perhaps your ‘taste-buds’ have been tempted by reading about happiness – either on this website, in your practice, or forming research.

You would have found that there are some fantastic books on what is a very broad topic. But it can be hard to decide which to read.

The purpose of this review is to provide a summary of the best happiness memoir that have been written on the topic of happiness. Hopefully, by knowing more about what this book is all about,  by reading this review of one my favourite book Midpoint: A Memoir, you can decide weather you want to read it or not.

Midpoint: A Memoir explains that we each hold the key to our own happiness. It argues that, by training our hearts and minds, and by actively working on our attitudes and outlook, we can all achieve happiness.

In terms of its effect (that is, the evocation of happiness), I'd have to give this book five stars plus. The reading of it, however, was a bit of a chore until I found the adventure humorous. 

After reading this book I became more philosophical, more conceptual. So this book would be a good start, for people like me, who looks for something more concrete and "tangible".

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whiskers Abroad: Ashi and Audrey's Adventures in Japan by Carrie Carter

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

The Power of Positivity: The ABC's of a Pandemic by Ruth Maille